The DiskStation DS1515+ 5-Bay NAS Server from Synology is a network attached storage solution built for speed and reliability. This NAS server provides everything from enhanced RAID support to iSCSI LUN Clone/Snapshot support and the ability to administer up to 2,048 user accounts. Whether using this NAS server for home or office, you can rest assured this server will provide the support needed to save and distribute your files effectively and efficiently. Along with virtualization support and domain integration you also benefit from enhanced cloud services and mobile device integration.
The DS1515+ comes equipped with a 2.4 GHz quad core processor and 2GB of DDR3 RAM for enhanced system performance. The RAM within this server can also be upgraded to 6GB if necessary. Insert either 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA (III) hard drives or solid state drives into any one of the five bays located on the back of the enclosure for up to 30TB of storage. Connecting this server has also been simplified as you can take advantage of four redundant Gigabit Ethernet ports ensuring reliable network connectivity should one of the ports fail. Along with redundant LAN support, you also benefit from four USB 3.0 and two eSATA ports allowing you to easily connect a variety of peripheral devices such as USB printers, external hard drives and more.
- The Synology DS1515+ is built for speed. With quad core CPU and 2GB of integrated RAM, the DS1515+ is ideal for the important tasks of small and medium-sized businesses as well as the most intensive applications from data-encryption to virtualization support. Through advanced flash technology, the combination of hard drives and read/write-optimized SSD cache boosts throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte.
With link aggregation, the Synology DS1515+ can deliver up to an average 450.77 MB/s reading and 396.50 MB/s writing speed under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment. Powered by its AES-NI hardware encryption engine, the DS1515+ also delivers fast encrypted data transmission at over 442.82 MB/s read and 187.88 MB/s write speeds.
Note performance figures could vary within different environments
- The DS1515+ provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V. Being VMware vSphere 5 and VAAI integration certified, the DS1515+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for enhanced performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, the DS1515+ enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support extremely improves the efficiency on massive data transfer and migration.
- Put your data to work with the Synology’s DS1515+. With Windows ACL and LDAP support, the DS1515+ fits easily into any existing workgroup environment, providing detailed access control and efficient privilege settings. SMB applications including printer sharing, VPN Server, Mail Server, web server, anti-virus, and network video surveillance, allow a single Synology DS1515+ to replace several traditional computing devices and help to maximize your productivity while keeping cost and effort to a minimum.
Resilient and Reliable
- In addition to its enhanced performance, the DS1515+ is built for reliability. Four Gigabit LAN ports provide redundancy in the event of unexpected hardware failure while hot swappable drives also help to minimize system downtime during drive replacement.
Uninterrupted availability is a critical goal for all businesses; however, The Synology High Availability (SHA) can ensure a seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications, thus decreasing the risk of unexpected interruptions and costly downtime.
- The DS1515+ can be connected to dedicated expansion units for additional storage on the fly, growing capacity with minimal effort. When paired with two DX513 expansion units through specially designed eSATA connectors, raw capacity can be as high as 90TB.
Note the DS1515+ supports up to two Synology DX513/DX213, sold separately
Easy Backup Solutions
- To protect your critical business data, the DS1515+ can become a centralized backup target for consolidating fragmented and unstructured information across your network through a range of options. Synology Hybrid RAID allows you to optimize usage and get the most out of your hard drives, while also keeping your storage safe with data redundancy. Complete backup solutions including LUN Snapshot, LUN clone and Backup and Replication minimize the impact of disasters.
Energy Efficient Design
- The Synology DS1515+ is designed with energy efficiency in mind. Equipped with two 80 X 80 mm fans and a smart airflow design to keep the system running cool 24/7, while its noise dampening design makes it much quieter than PC counterparts. Hard drive hibernation further reduces power consumption and operation costs.
- CPU Model: Intel Atom C2538
- CPU Frequency: Quad Core 2.4GHz
- Floating Point
- Hardware Encryption Engine
- System Memory: 2GB DDR3
- Memory Module Pre-installed: 2GB x1
- Total Memory Slots: 2
- Memory Expandable up to: 6GB (2GB + 4GB)
- Drive Bay(s): 5
- Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 15
- Compatible Drive Type
- 3.5″ SATA(III) / SATA(II) HDD
- 2.5″ SATA(III) / SATA(II) HDD
- 2.5″ SATA(III) / SATA(II) SSD
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 30TB (6TB HDD x5) (Capacity may vary by RAID types) (See All Supported HDD)
- Hot Swappable Drive
- USB 3.0 Port: 4
- eSATA Port: 2
- Internal Drives: EXT4
- External Drives
- Size (Height x Width x Depth): 157mm x 248mm x 233mm
- Weight: 4.17kg
- LAN Number (RJ45): Gigabit x4
- Link Aggregation
- Wake on LAN/WAN
- System Fan: 120mm x 120mm x2 pcs
- Easy Replacement System Fan
- Wireless Support (dongle)
- Noise Level: 22.3 dB(A)
- Power Recovery
- Scheduled Power On/Off
- Power Supply Unit / Adapter: 250W
- AC Input Power Voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Power Frequency: 50/60Hz, Single Phase
- Power Consumption
- 38.39W (Access)
- 21.63W (HDD Hibernation)
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% RH
- FCC Class B
- CE Class B
- BSMI Class B
- Warranty: 3 Years